Saturday, 4 October 2014

Blue & Lilac Christmas Card


Afternoon Blogging Buddies!

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend. We've been looking after our Grandson today so it's been a busy day so far, his Dad's just been to pick him up so peace has descended!

He's a good lad, he's only 4, we do enjoy having him, even if he does wear us out!!

We are still recovering from our day out on Thursday to be honest, we did far too much walking.

 We went firstly to Fleetwood, had a browse around the market, there's a craft stall on there so had a look at that, then onto another craft shop in Fleetwood, quite a big one, sells the 'Papermill' card and paper so bought a box of that. 

Then onto 'Freeport' for a mosey round the designer stuff, not for me I have to say but I do like looking, they have a craft shop there to.

Then we went on to Cleveleys, had a walk around the shopping area and a real good walk down the prom, it was a lovely sunny day,we followed that with a spot of lunch.

We thought we'd call into Blackpool on the way back down, now I have to admit, Blackpool is not for me, too noisy and too crowded, but being as we had to pass through it to get on our way back home we thought we'd give it a go. 

Our intention was to hang around to see the lights, if only to give the M6 time to clear a bit from 'work' traffic, but by 6.30 I'd had enough and wanted to start back home, I wasn't that desperate to see the illuminations, seen them many times before when I was younger so we gave it a miss and set off home.

We'd had a good day, it was a change, we seem to end up doing that trip about every four years, and that's enough for me, I prefer somewhere more 'gentile' these days, I must be getting old!

By the time we got back, I was well and truly 'cream crackered', ready for a brew and bed, I didn't take much rocking I can tell you!


So onto crafting......

Yet another Christmas card, d'ya reckon I'm getting into these now?

As usual, challenges and recipe below, hope you like it and thanks for dropping by.



















Challenges....

Completely Christmas....Anything goes
Sister Act....Anything Goes
Creative Moments.....Three Layers
Crafty Hazelnuts....Christmas
Holly Jolly Christmas...Christmas
Crafting From The Heart...Anything Goes
Christmas Card Challenges...Anything Goes
Christmas All Year Round....Embellish It

Card Recipe....

Graphics by Nitwit Collections (under licence # 69464)
Card Stock, Ribbon, Brads, From Stash

43 comments:

Diane said...

Absolutely stunning design Jacee.

Hugs diane

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous Christmas card Jacee....gorgeous colours..
I'm just waiting for 2 of our grandchildren they are coming for tea...


Anne

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous colours gorgeous card Ginny x

Shirley said...

Gorgeous card Jacee, love the colours. Spent many a happy holiday in Blackpool when I was a child but must admit it's not for me these days.

meg said...

Great card Nitwit Collections papers are fantastic along with the snowman, the colours are so vivid, love the layout

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These two colours together really are perfect for that frosty snowman and give a wintery feel for this lovely Christmas card. Love it.
Lorraine

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Jacee this is awesome, those colours are beautiful so is the image and card design a truly winter wonderland delight.
hugs
lorraine x

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous card Jacee, lovely papers and the snowman is just adorable, hugs Kate x

Lorraine said...

A fabulous snowman and gorgeous colours. Love it.
Lorraine x

Pia S said...

Beautiful non traditional color scheme, love the shine of the panels and candies. Cute!

brenda said...

I really do like the alternative festive colours Jacee, might have to give them a try.

B x

JD/ Jill said...

Great Christmas card...like the colors and design!

Carol S. said...

Love the colour choice, so different and works beautifully. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Carole said...

Lovely card and I love the colors you have chosen. Sounds like you went on a craft crawl!

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Jacee, I like the snowman and the colours
Kevin xx

Jackie said...

OMG I am cream crackered just reading about your day!!!
Wonderful card, love the expression on that snoman's face :o)
Jackie xx

Viv's Visuals said...

Cute card Jacee - Love the colour combo!
I'm less than an hour away from Blackpool and haven't seen the illuminations since I was about 6!
Must check out the craft shop in Fleetwood when I get chance too!

Rosietoes said...

Super card Jacee. I'm cream crackered just reading about your day out. :) LOL Glad you enjoyed it. x

Grenouille Greetings said...

A super pretty lilac and blue creation, Jacee; inside and out! Sounds like you had a great time with your grandson too! Hugs, Lesley

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is gorgeous Jacee… what a cute snowman and I love the scrummy papers and fab layout! the embellies are just perfect! :-)
We used to go to Fleetwood and Cleveleys a lot as kids with my Grandparents…. it was always a bit quieter there and nicer shops!!
Hope you're having a great weekend!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Jean Straw said...

A nice jolly snowman and pretty colour combination.
Jean x

chrissy xx said...

Oh! This is Gorgeous Jacee..Such a cute image and your colours are awesome.
Chrissyxx
We went to Blackpool two weeks ago for a walk, like you not been for a long time..I didn't know there was a shop at Fleetwood that sold Papermill card!!
Only one I knew was the one that used to be at Freeport

Di said...

Hi Jaycee

Love your card - it's such fun and gorgeous colours. I think you left two really sweet comments on my blog lately for which I thank you - do please come and play with us in the Snippets Playground. It's mostly for fun, there is a weekly prize but the wonderful thing is that everyone is just so nice!!

Am going to see if I can follow you now - I used to live in the North East and travelled to and fro between there and the Blackpool area with work - in a previous life :) Tried most hotels and B & B's in the area - not sure if it's still going but eventually I settled on the Singleton Lodge out at (surprise) Singleton I think :) Happy days!

Hope you do come and play with us!

Hugs, Di xx

Christine L said...

Such a gorgeous snowman and fabulous colour choice for this lovely card!

Reading about your day on Thursday brought back lots of happy memories of trips there... I lived in West Lancs.. and always enjoyed a wander... but I don't think they had too many craft shops when I was there! But... I do remember one being on a market!

Hugs
Christine x

MaryH said...

Your day sounds such fun, and so many exciting things to see. I hear you about being 'tired from having fun' though. It's great to go, but equally so to get back home for relaxing. Your card is so cute, love the non-traditional colors...they are bright & cheery & just right for this classy snowman. Love the shaping of scallop edges and the pretty striped paper. Lovely layout to showoff the main image as well. TFS & rest up! Happy Sunday.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Jacee
This is fabulous... Love your papers... Stunning card....
Hugs Sylvie xx

N Zver said...

What a lovely card .Colour combo and that image is super cute! ! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project at Holly Jolly Christmas challenge. Good luck . Neva

Sue Bridesmith said...

Gorgeous Design just perfect for our challenge over at Completely Christmas...we hope you will join in with the fun again next week...
Hugs
Suzy B Owner
XX

Chrissy said...

Sounds like a fun weekend Jacee..even if you were left cream crackered [that made me laugh]..gorgeous card with non traditional colours [which I love].Such a happy snowman and beautiful design.

luv CHRISSYxx

Tracey said...

Wonderful card Jacee, I love all the details & the colours :o)
Have a great week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Liz McGuire, said...

Love this card - gorgeous colours. Your day out sounds perfect. How many crafty pitstops did I count?

Liz x

Pamellia Johnson said...

Love the soft aquas and blues together Jacee! Just gorgeous! That metallic paper really grabs the light, I bet the camera didn't do this card justice! hugs :)

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Such a stunning colour scheme! A really beautiful card. Sounds like you had a lovely day out with all those craft shops. I went to Blackpool the other week and left after an hour and went to Fleetwood instead - definitely too busy!
Rebecca.

Eileen Dobson said...

Fab card, thanks for sharing it with us over at Creative Moments.

Elins Cards and other handscrafts said...

Seems like you are getting into your christmas cards :) Lovely card Jacee :)
Hug Elin

Michelle J M said...

Such pretty colours and a lovely cheerful snowman! Michelle x

Becky said...

Sounds like you are getting plenty of exercise. :)
Your card is just gorgeous, love the colors and the adorable image.

jimlynn said...

Another stunning card!!! Love that gorgeous color combination you used on this one. So beautiful!
Lynn

Christina C. said...

Gorgeous!!!! I love the non-traditional colors and the snowman is absolutely adorable, as well as the ribbon treatment and poinsettia. It looks like you even made a fancy presentation box!

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 32 with your lovely creation - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT and thanks also for sharing this for CHNC challenge extra for October and also CCAYR - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Marie B. said...

Well, that's just gorgeous! :)

Helen said...

Beautiful project.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

Helen x

Kimberly Clark said...

beautiful card - thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card all Year 'round! Kimberly DT

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails