Sunday, 17 August 2014

Flowers...for a change.

Afternoon blogging buddies, no cards to show you today, we've been bobbing about in the garden this afternoon, one or two jobs to get on with so we took the opportunity whilst it was dry and sunny.

 Hubby is the main gardener if I'm being honest, he does the mowing etc as a rule, as for me, I do the pots and the flowers, anything that's supposed to look pretty, then I deal with it.

 I thought you might like to have a look at some of the flowers we have out there before they go over, it will be autumn before we know it.

The 'Hosta' that you can see bottom middle, is hubby's pride and joy, we have three of those beauty's. We've had them for some years in the same pots would you believe.
 He nurtures them in his 'man shed' over the winter and lo and behold, up they pop again in the spring, of course, according to him, it's his care and attention that keeps them coming back! 

The 'Fushia' in the first picture has turned into a whopper, and would you believe, I paid the princely sum of £1 for it from the local supermarket, it was just a tiddler then, back in the spring, it couldn't have been more than four inches high, now that is what I call a bargain!

I hope you enjoy looking at my 'pretties', and they have brightened your day a little.

I'll be posting another card in the next couple of days so do pop back then and thanks for stopping by.



16 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jacee, your gorgeous flowers have certainly brightened my day, our weather here in Inverness, is awful, heavy rain and so dull. I love a garden,but don't like the work involved, but I enjoy my neighbours wonderful garden. I just don't have green fingers. Glad your having such a good day, Kate x

Craftychris said...

Ooh a lovely colourful array of gorgeous blooms! The Fuschia certainly was a bargain! xx

scrappymo! said...

Oh my goodness... these are all beauties. My DH does the lawns and edges too and I do the flower beds with his help, of course.
He has had to do more the last couple of years as I don't have a strong enough back to do it all,,,but we are retired so a perfect hobby to share.
I enjoyed every photo, but i can see why the hosta is his pride and joy!!!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful flowers Jacee..I'm just not that good in the garden anymore..I do try but the heat here is so awful and the way my flat is facing the only thing I do get going well are roses..they love facing North..full sun all day..the weeds like all sides of my flat..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linny said...

What a beautiful neat garden you have. the colours must look amazing. Linda x

Heather said...

Beautiful flowers Jacee, I especially love the Clematis and the Hosta. I have just moved and have to start buying create all my plants and flowers again - boo-hoo!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Shirley said...

A really beautiful display Jacee. I'm not much of a gardener, leave that to hubby but I do like looking at the results !!

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are all really lovely Jacee your garden must look a picture
Kevin xx

Sue B said...

Ooh your flowers are SO beautiful Jacee!! thanks for sharing your lovely photos! :-)
Hope you had a lovely weekend!
Hugs Sue xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Jacee your garden must look a real picture of beauty, the flowers are all stunning, my Hosta's are always getting eaten no matter what i do, yours looks magnificent i can see why it is your husbands pride and joy, the clematis and daisies are gorgeous so is that Fushia, it is a shame that they will all soon be at an end. This year is the first time in a very, very long time that i have got some colour in my garden, like you I bought some plants from the local supermarket and they have been in full bloom for most of the summer, you will find me dead heading the flowers every day to prolong their life, aren't we blessed to have so many things of beauty around us.
hugs
lorraine x

coops said...

your flowers are fabulous, i love it when the gardens are full of colour ;D

xx coops xx

Michelle J M said...

Oh my word your pots look amazing Jacee. They all look so healthy too. I think we need a picture of the whole garden going by these! Michelle x

MaryH said...

Good evening, Jacee. I did enjoy the beautiful flowers. Love the idea of having the hosta in a pot. In my area, these are placed in the ground, cut back drastically in the fall so that the freeze doesn't kill them. They regrow in the spring. We don't have a lot of shade, so the few that we have, get pretty burnt on the foliage when the heat become intense. I loved the begonia basket with the trailing ivy (maybe you call begonia by a different name...that is what they're called where I live). Each plant is just so brilliantly alive, it's easy to see you have a green thumb. I will be doing a shoutout for you becoming a follower on my next post. Today I had the TCBH post, so didn't have cards or introductions for new followers either. TFS your pretty flowers. Hugs & G'nite.

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow your garden is so colourful with all these gorgeous beauties from nature.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Faith A said...

Beautiful show of flowers, I can see why hubby's hosta is his pride and joy, we can't get them to grow in our garden too many slugs!

Irene said...

Hello Jacee

I love looking at your pretties, your flowers are stunning, especially the hosta.

irene
xxxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails