Friday, 4 July 2014

Very Special Day At Our House!

Today is a very special day for our family, our youngest son is getting married this afternoon.

Everything is calm at this moment, he is going from here as is the best man who is our eldest son and our grandson who is a pageboy. Everything is laid out ready for them,  neatly pressed and waiting.

They have just gone to pick up the flowers and the buttonholes so they will be back very soon and then I think my peace will disappear.

I'm showered, my hair is done, my outfit is all ready, yet to do battle getting the fascinator in my hair,  but I guess I'll manage.

The ceremony and the reception are both at the same place so no worries about the weather really, it has given rain here just at the time of the ceremony, typical, it's been gorgeous all week!

I'm sure it will be a lovely day and I guess I'll shed a few tears, Mum's, what are we like!

So on to crafting......

I'm here again with more cake, I do like these graphics and they do look nicer 'in the flesh' as I add 'Stickles' to the icing and it looks really nice, doesn't show too well here.

As ever, challenges and recipe below.

Hope you like it and thanks for dropping by.



Challenges.....

7 Kids College Fun....Anything goes
Crafting By Design....Anything Goes
Creative Moments...Anything Goes/Celebration
Crafty Girlz....Anything Goes
Crafty Ribbons...Anything Goes with Ribbon
In The Pink...Good Enough To Eat
Just for Fun...Anything Goes


Card Recipe....

Papers...Cupcake Boutique & K & Co
Image...By Digital
Sentiment...Lily of the Valley
Ribbon, card stock, brads, from stash.


14 comments:

Jen said...

First - CONGRATS on your son's wedding! Second, this is stunning! Love the design paper layering and the cupcake is so sparkly. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs. -Jenny, CBD DT

Gayle's Crafty Blog said...

Gorgeous card..love the papers and the cake literally looks good enough to eat !..Thanks for joining our challenge at In The Pink..Hugz Gayle xx

Linny said...

Many congrats jacee to your son and future DIL. Have a great time. xx

Rosietoes said...

Huge congratulations for your special day Jacee. All the very best to your son for this new phase of his life. I'm sure a few wee tears will escape but they are tears of joy I have no doubt. Have a wonderful day.
Super card too! :) x

Chrissy said...

Oh! YAY!! A wedding..been ages since I've been to a wedding...hope the day is perfect for you all...congrats to your son and his wife to be...your cupcake looks so yum Jacee..pretty papers and the love the sparkle in the icing..fabulous.

luv CHRISSYxx

raven said...

I hope that you had a great time at the wedding. What a great card..thankyou for sharing your art with us at the Just for Fun Challenge..Good Luck..GennyDT

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Jacee, I like the cupcake image the colours and the embellishments.I hope the Wedding has gone well and that everyone has enjoyed the day.Have a great weekend,
Kevin xx

Shirley said...

Hope the wedding went well and you all had a wonderful day. Love your card, it's really yummy.

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous creation with equally as gorgeous colours.xx ♥aNNie
The Journey is the Start

Teresa said...

Great card - love the glitter! Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments - good luck x

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Congratulations on your son's wedding, I hope you had a lovely day! Your card is so beautiful and the stickles are a perfect addition to the image.
Rebecca.

Erin Bentley said...

Hi, A lovely card, love the image and the pretty colours. Thank you for joining Crafty Girls this fortnight. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Erin DT and Co Owner x

Lynsey said...

This is such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining in with the Crafty Ribbons Challenge this week!
Hugs Lynsey x

cardsbyleona said...

Wow, that is good enough to eat!
Leona (Creative Moments DT)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails