Saturday, 6 November 2010

The NEC and a Card challenge

Afternoon blogging friends, hope I find you all well, and I certainly hope the weather is better with you than it is here, it's so dark and chilly, looks like it's going to chuck it down any minute, oh well, a fine excuse to spend the afternoon crafting.
I went to the NEC on Thursday, had a smashing day, spent loads and wore myself out, but hey, it was worth it!
We set off at 7am and arrived with enough time to have a cuppa before they let us in, we managed to have a pretty good scout around the stands before it got madly busy, then a couple of hours in we escaped back to the car to eat our lunch, it was nice to get away from the crowds for half an hour, but, not one to shirk my crafting duty's we duly set off to do battle with the crowds again. After a while hubby retreated for a cuppa,  he carries all the bags bless him which is a great help, leaves me free to have a good nosy about, but by the time we 'regrouped' I was ready for home, worn out but a happy bunny!!

So on to this latest card.......


I'm still struggling taking photos with it being so dark and dreary so forgive the shadows cast over this. As you can see, I'm still battling with Xmas cards, this is going into the challenges over at 'Allsorts' & 'Charisma Cardz', their themes this week are, 'Twas the night before Christmas' well I'll definitely hang my stocking up then, and 'With love at Christmas' at Charisma, this is for my Niece so it's definitely sent with love.
The papers are some digi ones from 'Audrey Jean Roberts' and the image is by 'Gina Jane' although I did alter it to add another stocking, worked out quite well for the family I think.
Hope you like it and thanks for dropping by.


13 comments:

Penni said...

Glad you had a good time at the NEC. I'm going on Sunday - hope you left me something to buy LOL!!!!

Hugs
Penni
x

brenda said...

Hi Jacee

We 'did' the NEC Thursday as well, it was a really good day, even if rather busy adn of course tiring. I had had enough by 3pm, but at least that meant we missed the rush hour traffic.

A lovely traditional card, thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Fleur said...

Great Christmas card, love the colourful stocking
Thanks for joining my challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Wendy said...

Woo Jacee this is gorgeous, I love the lay out
Wendy x

Rosietoes said...

Love these Christmas cards Jacee. They are so bright and cheerful. Sorry I don't have time to comment on each one individually but I have really enjoyed a good old browse round the blog this evening.
Lucky you getting to the NEC - hope you didn't spend it all at one stand!!

Edna x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is absolutely gorgeous Jacee, the colours, images and design is perfect.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Vee said...

Fabulous Christmas creation. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week. Good Luck
xx Vee

Jules said...

Hi Jacee

I am well behind the times here!!

Another great Christmas card - so beautifully personalised.

I am pleased you enjoyed the NEC. Have you recovered yet? LOL!!

Can't wait to see all your goodies used on your blog creations.

Hope all is well with you.

Love Jules xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Jacee, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your papers are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

scotspanda said...

gorgeous card, the stockings are fabulous!

thanks for joining in with the Allsorts Challenge this week :o)

Amanda xx

Eileen said...

Hey this is so lovely - adorable.
Glad you had a good time at the NEC - I was so disappointed at not being able to go. Don't like to ask my husband to drive 3 hours there and 3 hours back for something he is not really interested in.
luv
eileen
x
PS I had lost your website but I have made sure it is added to my favourites again.

Dana said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time!! You did a fab job on this card and I cannot believe you added the fourth stocking. You did a great job! Your papers and bow are outstanding also! Just love the whole layout! (You put me to shame with how many Christmas cards you've gotten done!!)
Hugs~
Dana

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Love this card....bright, cheery ...everything that Christmas is suppose to be .... Hoping to get at a few Christmas Cards this weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails